Saturday, September 08, 2007

Does This Mean . . .

So, here I am at my gradual school and I have this promise with God that if I wake up in time for morning prayer I will go (the monks pray vigil and lauds at 5:30 in the morning.)

I thought for sure I wouldn't hear the bells since they are very hard to hear in the guesthouse where I am staying this weekend, but that didn't matter because I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 5:10 a.m. Since I have this promise with God I had to get up and go to prayer even though the bells didn't wake me up.

So I went to prayer and was rewarded by getting to hear one of my professors who happens to be a monk be cantor (he has a very nice singing voice, among other of his attributes - we call him Br. Mcdreamy)

I also got this message from today's psalmody:

They performed his signs among them, and miracles in the land of Ham. (psalm 105:27)
I am hoping that this is a portent of things to come and since this is a feast day we will be getting bacon with breakfast this morning.
Hey, stop laughing, it could happen!
Pax

No comments: