Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What Every Good Girl Needs!

I agree with Tony at Catholic Pillow Fight; if you want your daughter to grow up to be strong and pure and true to her ideals, she needs a man in her life. That man needs to be her earthly father who will be there to tell her how much value she has every day.

My father died when I was 13, so for most of those very important years I didn't have a dad around to tell me those things. It is only by the grace of God that I didn't succumb to the societal pressures that I heard every day screaming at me as I grew into adulthood. I think it was because my father had laid the groundwork so carefully before he died that when I was confused I could here him say to me that someday there would be one man who would love me for who I was and not for what I looked like or what I would give him or do for him.

I was willing to wait for that man because my father promised that it would be worth the wait. Every day of the nearly twenty-three years that mrangelmeg has been a constant part of my life has born witness to that message that my father instilled in me all those years ago.

So you see, if my father, whose message was cut short by disease and death could make a difference in my life, just think how much more powerful a message your's could be if you are alive and involved in your daughter's life for the long haul. Make every day count. Take time each day to let them know just how special they are and how precious a gift they will be to their husband. Let them know that it will be worth the wait for that one man who will love them as God does.

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Amen, amen, and amen!