Friday, January 14, 2011

Interesting News

It was announced today that Fr. Christopher Coyne of the Archdiocese of Boston has been appointed Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.  Rocco at Whispers in the Loggia has the news.   Rocco has done a much better job than I ever could of explaining the ins and outs of the possible reasons why the diocese received an Auxiliary Bishop when in fact our Archbishop asked for a coadjutor.

If you want to know a little about Fr. Coyne,  happily he is a blogger.  You can read his blog here. 
I have been reading through it since I heard the news and like what I have read.  I also like that Fr. Coyne is a Liturgist.  (Bless my loving liturgical heart.)

I do know that Archbishop Buechlein has had a very rough couple of years health-wise, and has been in our prayers as he struggles with his cancer diagnosis and treatment.  His asking for a coadjutor is proof of his concern and care for the diocese.

Welcome to Indiana, Fr Coyne.  Here's hoping we can turn you into a Colts fan really quickly,  because I don't know what I will do if I have to follow a Bishop who is a Stinkin' Cheatriots fan.

Pax

No comments: