Monday, December 12, 2005

Narnia Roars!


Three of my children and I spent the afternoon yesterday in marina with Lucy, Susan Edmund and Peter. What a magical experience it was. From the first visual of the movie we were in the world we had anticipated so anxiously.

Everything about this movie was so beautifully and lovingly set upon the screen. From the anxiety of the London air raids to the tension between Edmund and Peter.

The Christian imagery was carefully preserved, and I will admit that I was in tears for most of the scenes between Aslan and the children. The battle sequences were masterfully filmed, and the character development was very carefully fleshed out.

If you loved the books you will love the movie. If you haven't yet read the books, go ahead and see the movie. I would warn you to bring tissue though, because if you are anything like me, you will cry.

Pax

No comments: