Friday, December 23, 2005

The Gift no one Wants at Christmas

I can't deny it any longer, I am getting a cold. I can feel the little viral invaders running amok in my system as I try to barrel through all the things I need to do to get the Christmas plans organized so that I can make dinner for mrangelmeg's mom, sister, brother-in-law, nephews and niece-in-law, and our angelkids tomorrow. I am fighting a losing battle with these little buggers.

I am so tired I can barely stay awake and I haven't even begun to make tonight's dinner, let alone prep stuff for tomorrow night's meal. I think the more prudent thing for me to do at this point is to admit defeat and call out the reserves. I may have to ask for help from the kids to get things in order.

Luckily my oldest two already took the angelbaby out to do the last bit of her Christmas shopping, so I could stay home and medicate myself. Mrangelmeg came home and started right in on the dishes (I love a man who isn't afraid to pitch in around the house). I have been trying to pick up here and there the last few days, so we are really in not bad shape.

Who am I kidding, it will take a minor miracle to get everything done on time. I may have to call in the:

white tornado

(otherwise known as my sainted mother-in-law) to come over early tomorrow and help out with the dinner preparation. I know she won't mind at all. She shows her love by cleaning and I have learned after all these years to humbly accept her love by letting her do it.

To think back in the old days I used to get offended when she cleaned my house. Now I pray that it happens more often. Tomorrow it will be the greatest Christmas gift she could give me, and may just save the feast.

Pax

No comments: