Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jim Caviezel: What Fatherhood has taught him. . .

This is an interview with actor Jim Caviezel about how becoming the father of two beautiful children through adoption has radically changed his life in ways he never expected.


Here is an excerpt of his answer concerning why he is so vocally pro-life :

I was listening to Johnny Mathis the other day and I said, “What an amazing voice.” I have yet to hear another person sound like Johnny Mathis. How are we so arrogant to think the 51.5 million babies who have died in this country… Look, I am for helping women. I just don’t see abortion as helping women. And I don’t love my career that much to say, “I’m going to remain silent on this.” I’m defending every single baby who has never been born. And every voice that would have been unique like Johnny Mathis’. How do we know that we didn’t kill the very child who could have created a particular type of medicine that saves other lives?


Read the rest for yourself.

No comments: