Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Seeing the Sights in the California Heat


So we drove north from Lancaster today up through Kernville and then along the Kern River toward Bakersfield and saw some of the most beautiful, breathtaking countryside I have ever seen. I really thought it looked like something out of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. One could imagine the fellowship moving along the high ridge above us as we drove between the peaks of the heavily bouldered mountain pass. At one point the Kern river looked just like the stretch of river upon which Boromir is sent to his watery grave.

It was absolutely a stunning drive, and one I am glad we got to take in a nicely air conditioned car and not in a covered wagon or on horseback.

When I get the pictures downloaded (the few we remembered to take) I will post them so that you all can see (or maybe not) what I saw.

Pax

No comments: