Monday, July 13, 2009

Mystic Monday; Travel Edition


This week dear children I am "leaving on a jet plane." The angelbaby and I will be accompanying mrangelmeg on a business trip to the west coast for a few weeks while he does some work. We will have some free time to commune with nature, and if we get up the nerve, we may even take the train into Hollywood and do the whole tourist thing.


Oh, sorry I digress. Anyway in honor of my little trip, I thought we might revisit a friend who knew a bit about travel: Dag Hammarskjold:



Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road.


The longest journey is the journey inward. Of him who has chosen his destiny, Who has started upon his quest for the source of his being.


The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside.


The more we do, the more we can do; the more busy we are, the more leisure we have.


Time always seems long to the child who is waiting - for Christmas, for next summer, for becoming a grownup: long also when he surrenders his whole soul to each moment of a happy day.
I will continue to post while I am on vacation. Maybe I will even post some pictures.
Have happy travels through your own life.
Pax

No comments: