Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Austen-tatious

So, I freely admit I have never been a very big Jane Austen fan.   Somehow I always thought her heroines were overwrought and her heroes were, well Victorian.  I just couldn't get into the first book I ever read, and never tried a second one.

But then,  I saw Pride and Prejudice made for BBC and PBS starring Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.  ~ Sigh  ~

I still didn't much like the story, but well, Colin Firth.  ~ Sigh ~

But then in the past year I have seen Bride and Prejudice  a Bollywood version of the classic story, and The Jane Austen Book Club,  (which had the added attractions of Marc Blucas, Hugh Dancy and Jimmy Smits ~Sigh~ ).  

And then just recently the angelbaby and  I discovered   Lost in Austen  in which a modern British woman (albeit an Austen lover) gets transported into the novel Pride and Prejudice.

And of course my favorite way to read Jane Austen of all:  Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, because
If I have to read Jane Austen the addition of zombies makes the novel all that more fun to read.  I may be becoming a Jane Austen fan despite myself.












Pax

No comments: