Friday, November 06, 2009

A Daily Moment Of Grace

For about ten months I have subscribed to an email list that sends a daily message of hope and encouragement to my walk of faith.

Each of these quotes comes from a Saint or other inspirational person who has lived in the world. There have been moments when the message spoke exactly to where my life was at that point in time; as if the Divine Physician were sending a healing balm meant just for me. At other moments the message has been one that has challenged me to be better, stronger, and more radical in my call to follow not only God's will, but the universal call to holiness, peace and sisterhood/brotherhood.


Yesterday, for instance was one of those days when the message hit me like a celestial arrow considering what happened in Texas at Fort Hood. The message was this:


Let us not tire of preaching love;
it is the force that will overcome the world.
- Archbishop Oscar Romero (1917-1980) Martyr




And if that weren't enough balm for a weary soul, We just had to look to Wednesday's message to find our marching orders:


The good we accomplish is not through the action of ourselves, as
much as it is through the spiritual pressure of God's grace. All we have to do
is create a vacuum, to count ourselves as nothing, and immediately God fills our
soul with His power and truth.
- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen


I just wanted to share something with all of you that has helped me so much and takes such a little moment of my time each day to read and absorb. If you would like for this email to brighten your day just click on the link below give them your email address and hit the subscribe button. .and start receiving a moment of grace each day.

Daily Blessings

GoodNews.net has many other lists that you may join if you like, just go to their main website and you can find many others from which to choose.



Pax

No comments: